Job Title: Intermediate Environmental Scientist
Location: Edmonton, AB (other locations may be considered)
Employment Type: Permanent Full-Time
SWAT Consulting Inc. is a multi-disciplinary environmental consulting firm with offices located throughout North America. SWAT specializes in comprehensive spill response, emergency management, emergency preparedness and training, assessment, remediation and reclamation in terrestrial and aquatic environments. SWAT provides a positive work environment, stimulating career opportunities and competitive compensation and benefits packages. We offer our employees the ability to gain experience in spill efforts across Canada and the USA, where opportunities arise.
SWAT Consulting Inc. is seeking an Intermediate Environmental Scientist for our Western Canada division to join our Edmonton office. We are also considering growth opportunities for Grande Prairie and other regions across Western Canada. The appropriate candidate will bring strong technical and field experience; the position is approximately 85% field based with focus on assessment and remediation projects as well as spill response support. The role requires the candidate to be available on weekends and evenings on an as needed basis for emergency spill response.
- Participating in emergency spill response including initial containment and recovery.
- Conducting Phase 2 Environmental Site Assessments, including the installation of groundwater monitoring wells.
- Conducting onsite management of remediation excavations.
- Supervising and directing heavy equipment and drill rig contractors.
- Conducting field programs involving sampling and monitoring of soil and groundwater.
- Preparing technical reports including the development of conceptual site models, remediation action plans and assessment and remediation reports.
- Providing technical and problem-solving skills in the field in a site supervisor role.
- Building strong collaborative relationships with SWAT employees.
- Liaising with clients, project stakeholders, and regulatory authorities.
- Participating in business development towards new and existing clients.
- Mentoring and developing less experienced SWAT employees.
- Working with multiple projects within scope, budget and schedule while ensuring quality on deliverables.
- Degree or technical diploma in an environmental discipline.
- It would be an advantage to be a member of a professional association (P.Eng., P. Geol., P.Ag, RTAg, P.Biol etc.).
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience within the Oil and Gas, or related industry.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Understanding of upstream oil and gas regulatory requirements including Alberta Tier 1 and 2 Guidelines, CCME Guidelines and AER Directives 50 and 58.
- Demonstrated organizational, and safety leadership skills.
- Full understanding of ground disturbance procedures.
- Flexibility and desire to work onsite for extended periods, occasionally in remote locations.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently in a team based environment.
- Excellent time management, written and verbal communication skills.
- An enthusiastic attitude, ability to multi-task and a passion for consistently delivering outstanding work.
- An eagerness to work with a dynamic team and a growth oriented company.
- Critical thinking with a focus on efficient task execution.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer and software proficiency would be an asset (SWAT uses MS Suite, Adobe DC, ESRI, WellViewer, ABADATA, FWMIS).
- Must possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
There are no ceilings at SWAT and we are an equal opportunity employer. Advancement opportunities are based on achievement results and flexibility to stretch beyond your comfort zone.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information about SWAT please visit our website at www.swat-ab.ca.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been selected. We thank all applicants in advance for their applications; however, we will only contact individuals selected for interviews.
Thank you for your interest in SWAT Consulting Inc.
← Back to Careers