Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Edmonton, AB (other locations may be considered)
Employment Type: Permanent Full-Time
SWAT Consulting Inc. is a multi-disciplinary environmental consulting firm with offices located throughout North America. SWAT specializes in comprehensive spill response, emergency management, emergency preparedness and training, remediation and reclamation in terrestrial and aquatic environments.
SWAT provides a positive work environment, stimulating career opportunities and competitive compensation and benefits packages. We offer our employees the ability to gain experience in spill efforts across Canada and the USA, where opportunities arise.
SWAT Consulting Inc. is seeking a Project Manager for our Western Canada division to join our Edmonton office. The position will entail overseeing key performance indicators for client portfolios, providing support for the office manager and senior principal scientist, supporting SWAT’s spill commanders and overseeing and organizing data delivery. This position will be suited to those who hold an entrepreneurial spirit and are action oriented. The appropriate candidate will bring strong technical and field experience; the position is approximately 90% office based with focus on assessment and remediation projects as well as emergency management support. The role requires the candidate to be available on weekends and evenings on an as needed basis to coordinate personnel and meet client deliverables.
- Manage Phase 1, Phase 2, remediation, reclamation, and emergency management projects.
- Coordinating field programs and staff.
- Overseeing laboratory data flow.
- Writing and reviewing technical reports including the development of conceptual site models, remediation action plans and assessment and remediation reports.
- Incorporating new scientific services into routine reporting procedures and disseminating that information.
- Providing technical oversight and guidance on assessment, remediation, reclamation and spill response activities.
- Experience with the Subsoil Salinity Tool (SST) and Tier 2 pathway elimination.
- Ability to obtain municipal, provincial and federal environmental regulatory approvals and authorizations for a wide range of projects.
- Ability to build strong collaborative relationships with SWAT employees.
- Liaising with clients, project stakeholders, and regulatory authorities.
- Participating in business development towards new and existing clients.
- Mentoring and developing less experienced SWAT employees.
- Working with multiple projects within scope, budget and schedule while ensuring quality on deliverables.
- Work within designated timeframes while completing jobs within a budget.
- Assist in the development and creation of company specific policies and standard operating procedures.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in an environmental discipline.
- A member with the Alberta Institute of Agrologists or other professional association (P.Chem., P.Eng., P. Geol., P.Ag., R.Tag., P.Biol. etc.) is a requirement.
- Minimum 8+ years’ experience within the Oil and Gas, or related industry.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good understanding of upstream oil and gas regulatory requirements including Alberta Tier 1 and 2 Guidelines, CCME Guidelines and AER Directives 50 and 58.
- Knowledgeable with reclamation procedures in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Demonstrated organizational, and safety leadership skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently in a team based environment.
- Excellent time management, written and verbal communication skills.
- An enthusiastic attitude, ability to multi-task and a passion for consistently delivering outstanding work.
- An eagerness to work with a dynamic team and a growth oriented company.
- Critical thinking with a focus on efficient task execution.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Full understanding of ground disturbance procedures.
- Computer and software proficiency would be an asset (SWAT uses MS Suite, Adobe DC, ESRI, WellViewer, SiteView, ABADATA, FWMIS).
- Must possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
There are no ceilings at SWAT and we are an equal opportunity employer. Advancement opportunities are based on achievement results and flexibility to stretch beyond your comfort zone.
Why you will love to work here
SWAT has developed into a community of driven professionals that will do whatever it takes to execute tasks correctly, efficiently, and with integrity to our clients and to our personal ethics. There are no limits at SWAT, where everyone is encouraged to take risks and to grow and develop into their areas of interest and ability. SWAT supports a diverse work environment, is managed and staffed by professionals, and supports its employee’s health and development through comprehensive health benefits, training opportunities, percentage of RRSP matching, and profit-sharing.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we will only contact individuals selected for interviews.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been selected. We thank all applicants in advance for their applications; however, we will only contact individuals selected for interviews.
Thank you for your interest in SWAT Consulting Inc.
← Back to Careers