Job Title: Remediation and Reclamation Supervisor/ Intermediate Environmental Scientist
Location: Calgary, AB
Employment Type: Permanent Full-Time
SWAT Consulting Inc. is a multi-disciplinary environmental consulting firm with offices located throughout North America. SWAT specializes in comprehensive spill response, emergency management, emergency preparedness and training, with a core group of staff specialized in environmental assessment, remediation and reclamation to compliment our emergency management services.
SWAT provides a positive work environment, stimulating career opportunities and competitive compensation and benefits packages. We offer our employees the ability to gain experience across Canada and the Northern USA, where opportunities arise. Much of our work is focused in Alberta, but travel to British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Manitoba is often required.
SWAT Consulting Inc. is seeking a Remediation and Reclamation Supervisor / Intermediate Environmental Scientist to join our Calgary project team. We are also considering growth opportunities for the Grande Prairie and East-Central Alberta regions if there is interest in working remotely from these areas. The appropriate candidate will bring strong technical and field experience. The position is expected to be approximately 70% field-based and 30% office-based with focus on environmental assessment, remediation and reclamation as well as support for spill response projects when needed. The role requires the candidate to be available on weekends on an as needed basis.
- Conducting onsite management and supervision of remedial excavation and reclamation activities, including all ground disturbance preparation activities.
- Conducting Phase 2 Environmental Site Assessments, including the installation of groundwater monitoring wells.
- Conducting field programs involving sampling and monitoring of soil and groundwater.
- Conducting detailed site assessments (DSAs) and vegetation management activities.
- Supervising and directing heavy equipment contractors for various assessment, remediation and reclamation tasks.
- Assisting with Spill Preparedness and Emergency Management portfolios on an as needed basis with expertise in assessment, remediation and reclamation scopes.
- Preparing technical reports including the development of conceptual site models, remediation action plans, assessment and remediation reports, and detailed site assessment (DSA) reports.
- Providing technical and problem-solving skills in the field in a site supervisor role.
- Building strong collaborative relationships with SWAT employees.
- Liaising with clients, project stakeholders, landowners, and regulatory authorities.
- Participating in business development towards new and existing clients.
- Mentoring and training less experienced SWAT employees.
- Supporting development of SWATs quality control and assurance standards.
- Working with multiple projects within scope, budget and schedule while ensuring quality on deliverables.
- Degree or technical diploma in an environmental discipline.
- It would be an advantage to be a member of a professional association (P.Chem, P.Eng., P. Geo., P.Ag, R.TAg, P.Biol, P.Tech. (Eng.), etc.).
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience within the Oil and Gas, or related industry.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Understanding of upstream oil and gas regulatory requirements including Alberta Tier 1 and 2 Guidelines, CCME Guidelines and AER Directives 50 and 58.
- Familiarity with various remediation technologies (soil and groundwater) and reclamation strategies in cultivated, grassland and forested sites.
- Demonstrated organizational, and safety leadership skills.
- Full understanding of and experience with ground disturbance procedures.
- Flexibility and desire to work onsite for extended periods, occasionally in remote locations.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently in a team-based environment.
- Excellent time management, written and verbal communication skills.
- An enthusiastic attitude, ability to multi-task and a passion for consistently delivering outstanding work.
- An eagerness to work with a dynamic team and a growth-oriented company.
- Critical thinking with a focus on efficient task execution and achievement of project objectives.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with multiple work activities concurrently progressing.
- Computer and software proficiency would be an asset (SWAT uses MS Suite, Adobe DC, ESRI, WellViewer, ABADATA, FWMIS).
- Must possess a valid Class 5 (non-GDL) driver’s licence.
Why You Will Love to Work Here
SWAT has developed into a community of driven professionals that will do whatever it takes to execute tasks correctly, efficiently, and with integrity to our clients and to our personal ethics. There are no limits at SWAT, where everyone is encouraged to take risks and to grow and develop into their areas of interest and ability. SWAT supports a diverse work environment, is managed and staffed by professionals, and supports its employee’s health and development through comprehensive health benefits, training opportunities, percentage of RRSP matching, and profit-sharing.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line Rec-2020. For further information about SWAT please visit our website at www.swat-ab.ca.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been selected. We thank all applicants in advance for their applications; however, we will only contact individuals selected for interviews.
Thank you for your interest in SWAT Consulting Inc.
← Back to Careers