Job Title: Project Manager – Remediation and Reclamation
Location: Calgary or Edmonton, AB
Employment Type: Permanent Full-Time
SWAT Consulting Inc. is a multi-disciplinary environmental consulting firm with offices located throughout North America. SWAT specializes in comprehensive spill response, emergency management, emergency preparedness and training, with a core group of staff specialized in environmental assessment, remediation and reclamation to compliment our emergency management services.
As a small company, SWAT provides a small team focused environment, ample opportunity for on the job learning and accelerating career opportunities, and highly competitive compensation and benefits packages. We offer our employees the ability to gain experience across Canada and the Northern USA, where opportunities arise. Much of our work is focused in central and southern Alberta but travel to British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Manitoba may be required periodically.
SWAT Consulting Inc. is seeking a Project Manager to support our growing Remediation and Reclamation project team The position can be based out of either Calgary or Edmonton, Alberta, with remote work opportunities available. The position is expected to be >90% office-based with focus on environmental assessment, remediation, and reclamation projects. The ideal candidate has 5+ years of experience in the environmental industry and ideally 2+ years of experience in project management or coordination. The role requires the candidate to be available after-hour and on weekends on an as needed basis depending on project workload.
- Coordinating the completion of Phase 2 ESA, remediation, monitoring, and reclamation projects, including logistics, stakeholder liaison, safety support, and technical support for field crews.
- Participating in regular safety and workload meetings to work collaboratively with assignment of available resources between the Program Managers and the Director of Operations.
- Preparing project specific scopes and budgets and completing cost tracking in various client-specific project management systems.
- Managing various field teams through project scheduling, technical support during execution, and completing any required environmental reporting.
- Preparing technical reports including the development of conceptual site models, Phase 2 ESAs, remediation action plans (RAP), remediation and reclamation reports, groundwater remediation and monitoring reports, and detailed site assessment (DSA) reports.
- Analyze field and laboratory data against regulatory guidelines and develop site-specific remediation plans based on the application of Tier 2 guidelines, including but not limited to the use of the Subsoil Salinity Tool (SST), pathway elimination, guideline modification and risk assessment.
- Providing onsite technical support and supervision for complex projects and periodic site visits for project scoping and to assess safety compliance with field crews.
- Supervise, mentor and train junior and intermediate environmental staff on assessment, reclamation, remediation, and monitoring projects.
- Assisting with Spill Preparedness and Emergency Management portfolios on an as needed basis with expertise in assessment, remediation and reclamation scopes.
- Building strong collaborative relationships with SWAT employees and supporting development of SWATs quality control and assurance standards.
- Liaising with clients, project stakeholders, landowners, and regulatory authorities across various projects and jurisdictions.
- Participating in business development towards new and existing clients.
- Supporting development of SWATs quality control and assurance standards.
- Working with multiple projects within scope, budget and schedule while ensuring quality on deliverables.
- Degree or technical diploma in an environmental discipline.
- Being a member of a professional association (P.Chem, P.Eng., P. Geo., P.Ag, R.TAg, P.Biol, P.Tech. (Eng.), etc.) would be an asset.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience within the Oil and Gas, or related industry.
- Understanding of upstream oil and gas regulatory requirements including Alberta Tier 1 and 2 Guidelines, CCME Guidelines and AER Directives 50 and 58.
- Familiarity with various remediation technologies (soil and groundwater) and reclamation strategies in cultivated, grassland and forested sites.
- Demonstrated organizational and safety leadership skills, and a desire to improve methods and standards for efficient work completion.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently in a team-based environment.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, and excellent time management, written and verbal communication skills.
- An enthusiastic attitude, ability to multi-task and a passion for consistently delivering high quality work.
- An eagerness to work with a dynamic team and a small growth-oriented company.
- Critical thinking with a focus on efficient task execution and achievement of project objectives.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with multiple work activities concurrently progressing.
- Computer and software proficiency is required (SWAT uses MS Suite, Adobe DC, ESRI, WellViewer, ABADATA, FWMIS, and others).
- Must possess a valid Class 5 (non-GDL) driver’s licence.
Why You Will Love to Work Here
SWAT has developed into a community of driven professionals that will do whatever it takes to execute tasks correctly, efficiently, and with integrity to our clients and to our own personal ethics. As a small team with significant growth potential, there are no limits at SWAT, where everyone is encouraged to take risks to learn new tasks and to grow and develop into their areas of interest and ability. SWAT supports a diverse work environment, is managed and staffed by professionals, and supports its employee’s health and development through comprehensive health benefits, training opportunities, percentage of RRSP matching, and profit-sharing.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line PM-2021. For further information about SWAT please visit our website at www.swat-ab.ca.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been selected. We thank all applicants in advance for their applications; however, we will only contact individuals selected for interviews.
Thank you for your interest in SWAT Consulting Inc.
← Back to Careers