Job Title: Spill Response Supervisor/ Intermediate Environmental Scientist
Location: Edmonton, AB
Employment Type: Permanent Full-Time
SWAT Consulting Inc. is a multi-disciplinary environmental consulting firm with offices located throughout North America. SWAT specializes in comprehensive spill response, emergency management, emergency preparedness and training, assessment, remediation and reclamation in terrestrial and aquatic environments.
SWAT provides a positive work environment, stimulating career opportunities and competitive compensation and benefits packages. We offer our employees the ability to gain experience in spill efforts across Canada and the USA, where opportunities arise.
SWAT Consulting Inc. is seeking a Spill Response Supervisor / Intermediate Environmental Scientist to join our Edmonton office. We are also considering growth opportunities for Grande Prairie and other regions across Western Canada. The appropriate candidate will bring strong technical and field experience; the position is approximately 90% field based with focus on spill response as well as support for assessment and remediation portfolios. The role requires the candidate to be available on weekends and evenings on an as needed basis for emergency spill response.
- Complete emergency spill response including initial containment and recovery, assessment, and breakpoint exposure.
- Conducting onsite management and supervision of remedial excavation activities.
- Supervising and directing heavy equipment contractors.
- Conducting Phase 2 Environmental Site Assessments, including the installation of groundwater monitoring wells.
- Conducting field programs involving sampling and monitoring of soil and groundwater.
- Assist with Spill Preparedness and Emergency Management portfolios.
- Preparing technical reports including the development of conceptual site models, remediation action plans, and assessment and remediation reports.
- Providing technical and problem-solving skills in the field in a site supervisor role.
- Building strong collaborative relationships with SWAT employees.
- Liaising with clients, project stakeholders, and regulatory authorities.
- Participating in business development towards new and existing clients.
- Mentoring and developing less experienced SWAT employees.
- Working with multiple projects within scope, budget and schedule while ensuring quality on deliverables.
- Degree or technical diploma in an environmental discipline.
- It would be an advantage to be a member of a professional association (P.Chem, P.Eng., P. Geo., P.Ag, R.TAg, P.Biol, P.Tech. (Eng.), etc.).
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience within the Oil and Gas, or related industry.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Understanding of upstream oil and gas regulatory requirements including Alberta Tier 1 and 2 Guidelines, CCME Guidelines and AER Directives 50 and 58.
- Demonstrated organizational, and safety leadership skills.
- Full understanding of ground disturbance procedures.
- Flexibility and desire to work onsite for extended periods, occasionally in remote locations.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently in a team based environment.
- Excellent time management, written and verbal communication skills.
- An enthusiastic attitude, ability to multi-task and a passion for consistently delivering outstanding work.
- An eagerness to work with a dynamic team and a growth oriented company.
- Critical thinking with a focus on efficient task execution.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer and software proficiency would be an asset (SWAT uses MS Suite, Adobe DC, ESRI, WellViewer, ABADATA, FWMIS).
- Must possess a valid Class 5 (non-GDL) driver’s licence.
Why you will love to work here
SWAT has developed into a community of driven professionals that will do whatever it takes to execute tasks correctly, efficiently, and with integrity to our clients and to our personal ethics. There are no limits at SWAT, where everyone is encouraged to take risks and to grow and develop into their areas of interest and ability. SWAT supports a diverse work environment, is managed and staffed by professionals, and supports its employee’s health and development through comprehensive health benefits, training opportunities, percentage of RRSP matching, and profit-sharing.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Spills-2020. For further information about SWAT please visit our website at www.swat-ab.ca.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been selected. We thank all applicants in advance for their applications; however, we will only contact individuals selected for interviews.
Thank you for your interest in SWAT Consulting Inc.
← Back to Careers